Flowers are so beautiful and remind us of God’s glory and beauty. He hides flowers in hidden valleys, just showing His extravagent love. He is a God of great beauty and majesty. The flowers varied in species, appearance and fragrance remind us of how beautiful our God is.
Flowers have a short expectancy of life but remind us of the shortness of our life and not to get too caught up in this world.
- 1 Peter 1:24,25 – As the Scriptures say, “People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. But the word of the Lord remains forever.” And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.
- Job 14:1,2 -“How frail is humanity! How short is life, how full of trouble! We blossom like a flower and then wither. Like a passing shadow, we quickly disappear
- Psalm 103:15 – The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flowerof the field;
- Psalm 37:20 – But the wicked will perish: Though the Lord’s enemies are like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke.
The shortness of life for flowers in contrasted with the enduring nature of God’s Word.
- Isaiah 40:6-8 – A voice says, “Cry out.” And I said, “What shall I cry?” “All people are like grass, and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of theLordblows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”
Flowers remind us not to worry, but to put our trust in God
- Luke 12:26-28 – And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
Our lives have a fragrance, like flowers.
2 Corinthians 2:15 – Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance rising up to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those who are being saved and by those who are perishing.