This is a great Psalm declaring God’s sovereignty and power within creation.
1. All of creation was made to praise the Lord!
The LORD reigns; Let the earth rejoice; Let the multitude of isles be glad! (v1)
2. God reigns in glory and power. Justice and righteousness are the foundation of his throne.
Clouds and darkness surround Him; Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. A fire goes before Him, And burns up His enemies round about. (v3,4)
3. God shows signs on the earth below, that people may fear HIm. Lightning is one of those signs that wakes us up, it reminds us of our size, and hopefully provokes us to think… is there something bigger out here?
His lightnings light the world; The earth sees and trembles. (v4)
The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the LORD, At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.6 The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples see His glory. (v5, 6)
5. These signs remind us that God is more powerful and to be feared.
Let all be put to shame who serve carved images, Who boast of idols. Worship Him, all you gods. 8 Zion hears and is glad, And the daughters of Judah rejoice Because of Your judgments, O LORD. 9 For You, LORD, are most high above all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods. (v7-9)
6. Rejoice in the Lord, give thanks to Him and hate evil. God preserves His own and sows light and gladness to the upright.
10 You who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the souls of His saints; He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked. 11 Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart. 12 Rejoice in the LORD, you righteous, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. (v10-11)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes